From: David Grant <davidgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Deleted /var/lib/portage/config
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 07:04:52
1 I accidentally deleted /var/lib (I meant to delete /var/lib/mysql).
2 The only damage seems to be the deletion of /var/lib/portage/config
3 and /var/lib/portage/mysql
4
5 I'm not worried about world, I can easiliy fix that over time by
6 running emerge -p --depclean and adding world entries. There are
7 probably only about 10 packages anyways because this is a mythtv box.
8
9 But what is config all about? On my other machine it looks like the
10 file contains a bunch of hashes for config files in /etc/. Are these
11 used to quickly see if a file in /etc/ is different or does it just do
12 a diff?
15 David Grant
16 http://www.davidgrant.ca
17 --