From: Erik <sigra@××××.se>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Deleted /var/lib/portage/config
Date: Fri, 01 Sep 2006 09:57:20
1 David Grant wrote:
2 > But what is config all about? On my other machine it looks like the
3 > file contains a bunch of hashes for config files in /etc/. Are these
4 > used to quickly see if a file in /etc/ is different or does it just do
5 > a diff?
6
7 It looks like the numbers I get when running "md5sum <filename>", at
8 least for files that I have not modified or deleted. "man portage"
9 mentions files that portage uses, but not /var/lib/portage/config. It is
10 either because the file is not meant to be edited by the administrator
11 or a documentation bug.
12 --
13 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list