From: "Brett I. Holcomb" <brettholcomb@×××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Auto-backup tool?
Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 00:08:24
1 Use a cron job to run it periodically. For email, use a cron job that emails
2 it.
3
4 On Sunday 03 December 2006 16:18, Jerônimo Backes wrote:
5 > > rdiff-backup. I've been using it for a couple of years and it does just
6 > > what you need. it also keeps old versions so you can roll back in the
7 > > event of a mistake.
8 >
9 > Man, that's almost what I need. Is there a way to make this script
10 > execute automatically after some time interval?
11 >
12 > > > And for the activity of packing and mailing recent changed documents,
13 > > > is there a tool that could do this automagically?
14 > >
15 > > You could use find to generate a list of files changed n the last two
16 > > hours, pass this list to tar - it has an option to accept a list of files
17 > > to archive on stdin - and then mail this to your backup account.
18 >
19 > Ok, I can make a script doing that. But what can I use to send the file
20 > to my e-mail adresses? And what to do to make that script run
21 > periodically?
22 >
23 > Thanks a lot for your help.
24 > Jerônimo.
29 > O Yahoo! está de cara nova. Venha conferir!
30 > http://br.yahoo.com
34 Brett I. Holcomb
37 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list