From: Jarry <mr.jarry@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Anyone using open-vm-tools w/ESXi?
Date: Thu, 16 Jan 2014 21:36:14
1 On 16-Jan-14 22:17, Daniel Frey wrote:
2 >
3 > Yes, the guest shutdown seems to still be working. I've tested both
4 > manual (i.e. asking for a guest shutdown) and it works, and I've set up
5 > my APC ups to shutdown the host and all VMs, again all working. If
6 > you're interested in the howtos for the APC shutdown I think I have a
7 > bookmark around somewhere.
8
9 BTW if all you want is safe shutdown, it can be done even without
10 vm-tools (which I personally do not like at all). In vSphere-client
11 I have "suspend" instead of shutdown (current state with memory
12 snapshot is saved), from ESXi you'd have to play a little with
13 /sbin/shutdown.sh script (i.e. with ssh/keys to log into all VM
14 and shut them down), and for power-interruption you can use NUT
15 (which I find better than apcupsd or PowerChute, because there is
16 native NUT-client for ESXi)...
17
18 apart from apcupsd
19 you can use NUT (which I find better, there is native ESXi-client).
20
21 Jarry
25 This mailbox accepts e-mails only from selected mailing-lists!
26 Everything else is considered to be spam and therefore deleted.