From: Dimitrios Ropokis <wamy80s@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Solved! midi problem - not working -> now works!
Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2008 16:58:04
1 I emerge -C timidity++
2 with use flags found at www.gentoo-portage.com
3 and emerge timitidy++
4 then
5 # rc-update add timidity default
6 # /etc/init.d/timidity start
7 and ok! kguitar-0.5 works!
8
9 tnks a lot!
10 > > I emerge -ev kguitar with flag +midi +arts +oss etc,
11 > > but it's not working, alsa and other players dvd-cd-mp3 etc ok,
12 > > a litle help pls would be welcome,
13 > > my laptop is a toshiba satellite a30,
14 > > gentoo works perfect just no midi files can be played,
15 > > thanks!
16 > Which version of kguitar? I don't have it installed, but looking at
17 > the one in my tree (-0.5), the ebuild does not care about the midi
18 > use flag.
19 > I think what you need is a midi player, something like timidity++
20 > perhaps?
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list