From: James <wireless@×××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: listing portage/overlay packages by dev ?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 20:40:12
1 Michael Orlitzky <mjo <at> gentoo.org> writes:
4 > >> $ portageq --maintainer-email=idl0r <at> gentoo.org
5
6 > > Now I shall research how to code something up for non-installed
7 > > portage packages and the overlay collections.... those listings
8 > > are really what I'm after.
9
10 > It already works for non-installed packages,
11
12 So it does... missed that, but now I see....
15 > so "all" you should have to do is clone every overlay and put them
16 > in /etc/portage/repos.conf before running portageq.
19 Hmmmmm. I currently have to add about 6 lines manually for each overlay
20 into repos.conf/overlays::
21
22 last entry::
23
24 [pentoo]
25 priority = 50
26 location = /var/lib/layman/pentoo
27 sync-type = git
28 sync-uri = git://anongit.gentoo.org/proj/pentoo.git
29 auto-sync = yes
30
31 So your saying do this for every overlay?
32
33 Surely there is just a way to concatenate metadata (or info) from overlays
34 into a single file (periodically) to perform this parse? Or am I just being
35 'dense' here and not understanding what you suggest?
36
37 I understand that what you are saying will work, but installing every
38 overlay to search out package listings and descriptions seems awkward;
39 like there ought to be a better (lightweight) way to do this?
40
41 And then there is the problem::
42
43 Package net-analyzer/wpscan-2.9.1 is missing metadata.xml
44 (when not installed)
45
46 But this (description) info is visable via zugania::
47 https://gpo.zugaina.org/Search?search=wpscan
48
49 After installing wpscan, metadata is still not available.
50 but the description is via 'eix wpscan' is available.
51
52 James