From: Michael Orlitzky <mjo@g.o>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: listing portage/overlay packages by dev ?
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2016 21:19:05
1 On 06/02/2016 04:29 PM, James wrote:
2 >
3 > Hmmmmm. I currently have to add about 6 lines manually for each overlay
4 > into repos.conf/overlays::
5 >
6 > ...
7 >
8 > So your saying do this for every overlay?
9 >
10 > Surely there is just a way to concatenate metadata (or info) from overlays
11 > into a single file (periodically) to perform this parse? Or am I just being
12 > 'dense' here and not understanding what you suggest?
13 >
14 > I understand that what you are saying will work, but installing every
15 > overlay to search out package listings and descriptions seems awkward;
16 > like there ought to be a better (lightweight) way to do this?
19 I didn't say it was a good idea, just that it would work =)
20
21 You can script something smarter. I'm attaching a python script called
22 maintainer.py. You can use find/xargs to search by maintainer email:
23
24 $ find $REPOS/gentoo.git/ -type f -name 'metadata.xml' | \
25 xargs ./maintainer.py mjo@g.o
26 mail-filter/pypolicyd-spf
27 dev-ruby/rbpdf
28 dev-ruby/spreadsheet
29 dev-ruby/vcard
30 dev-ruby/ruby-ole
31 sys-process/xjobs
32 app-laptop/hdapsd
33 app-text/XML-Schema-learner
34 dev-perl/Net-IPv4Addr
35 dev-perl/Monitoring-Plugin
36 net-dns/djbdns
37 net-dns/rbldnsd
38 sys-apps/apply-default-acl
39 www-apache/mpm_itk
40 net-mail/amavis-logwatch
41 net-mail/mailshears
42 net-mail/postfix-logwatch
43 dev-lang/coffee-script
44 dev-php/php-redmine-api
45 dev-php/PHPMailer
46 dev-php/recaptcha
47 net-analyzer/nagios-check_mysql_health
48 net-analyzer/nagios
49 net-analyzer/monitoring-plugins
50 net-analyzer/nagios-core
51 net-analyzer/nagios-check_openvpn-simple
52 net-analyzer/nagios-plugins
53 net-analyzer/nagios-check_rbl
54 net-misc/haeredes
55 net-misc/hath
56 app-backup/untangle-https-backup
57 app-emacs/multi-term
58 sci-mathematics/rw
59 app-antivirus/clamav-unofficial-sigs
60
61 Apparently I maintain all of those things.
62
63 > And then there is the problem::
64 >
65 > Package net-analyzer/wpscan-2.9.1 is missing metadata.xml
66 > (when not installed)
67
68 metadata.xml is required for every package, somebody screwed up. In any
69 case, without it, you have no idea who the maintainer is, so you can
70 ignore that package.

maintainer.py text/x-python