From: Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] laptop sometimes needs double keystrokes
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:04:35
1 Roger Mason wrote:
2 > I have a strange problem on my laptop[1] wherein I need sometimes
3 > need to enter keystrokes twice in order for them to be
4 > recognised. For example, I type 'ls' but the 's' needs to be
5 > entered twice. The problem has bee present for some time and I
6 > have noted the following:
7 >
8 > (1) I see the problem both when typing on the laptop keyboard and
9 > when logging in using ssh: this suggests it is not a keyboard
10 > problem.
11
12 Have a look at /etc/inputrc. To test, comment out all lines in that
13 file, fire up a new bash, and see if the problem persists. If not,
14 find the offending line.
15
16 Benno
17 --