From: Roger Mason <rmason@×××××××.ca>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] laptop sometimes needs double keystrokes
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 18:27:51
1 Hi Benno,
2
3 Benno Schulenberg <benno.schulenberg@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > Roger Mason wrote:
6 >> I have a strange problem on my laptop[1] wherein I need sometimes
7 >> need to enter keystrokes twice in order for them to be
8 >> recognised. For example, I type 'ls' but the 's' needs to be
9 >> entered twice. The problem has bee present for some time and I
10 >> have noted the following:
11 >
12 > Have a look at /etc/inputrc. To test, comment out all lines in that
13 > file, fire up a new bash, and see if the problem persists. If not,
14 > find the offending line.
15
16 Unfortunately, that is not it: the problem remains.
17
18 Thanks,
19 Roger
22 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list