From: Victor <victor@×××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How to contribute ebuilds?
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 21:12:29
1 On Sun, 24 Apr 2016 21:50:57 +1000
2 Sam Jorna <wraeth@g.o> wrote:
3
4 > On Sun, Apr 24, 2016 at 02:42:52PM +0300, Victor wrote:
5 > > What is the preferred way to contribute them without becoming a
6 > > Gentoo Developer?
7 > >
8 > > Should I post them to bugzilla or maybe send to `python' and `emacs'
9 > > overlays (if so, how?), or `sunrise' overlay? Or create my own
10 > > overlay?
11 >
12 > Hi!
13 >
14 > You can file a "New Ebuild" request on Bugzilla (go to "New" ->
15 > "Gentoo Linux" and select the component "New Ebuilds"), or you can
16 > fork the Portage tree on GitHub[0] and submit a Pull Request.
17 >
18 > If you're interested, you can also become a proxy-maintainer for the
19 > package - you would be responsible for bugs and version-bumps, and
20 > while you wouldn't have commit/push access to the development Portage
21 > tree, the members of the Proxy Maintainers project[1] are there to
22 > help prepare and commit ebuilds and patches.
23 >
24 > Thanks in advance for the contribution!
25 > --
26 > Sam Jorna (wraeth)
27 > GnuPG Key: D6180C26
28
29 Thanks.
30
31 It's very nice that I can just submit a pull request! I've created one
32 for a few ebuilds.