From: Alex Schuster <wonko@×××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] emerge --update - why doesn't it update my kde packages
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 23:10:54
1 KH writes:
2
3 > Am 04.05.2010 21:41, schrieb Dale:
4
5 > > I have with-bdeps set in my make.conf so that it is enabled each
6 > > time. I just ran the command given above and it found over 40
7 > > packages that need to be upgraded. I'm not even going to claim that
8 > > I understand all the chicken scratch in that command but apparently
9 > > stuff needed to be upgraded on my system that was being missed.
10
11 If a deep @system @world upgrade with --with-bdeps=y does not upgrade the
12 packages, then I think that they are either unnecessary packages that
13 should be depcleaned, or they should go into the world file. This
14 update_orphans.sh script is nice and I used a similar one when I had the
15 problem that a world update did not work due to blockers or something, but
16 normally it should not be necessary. And I believe these problems should
17 better be fixed another way.
18
19 > For me it does try to update the same packages as --with-bdeps, but it
20 > tries to pull in like 39 new packages.
21 >
22 > How and where have you integrated with-bdeps in make.conf?
23
24 From /usr/share/portage/config/make.conf.example:
25
26 # EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS allows emerge to act as if certain options are
27 # specified on every run. Useful options include --ask, --verbose,
28 # --usepkg and many others. Options that are not useful, such as --help,
29 # are not filtered.
30 #EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS=""
31
32 I have it set like this: EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--with-bdeps y"
33
34 Wonko