From: Dan Farrell <dan@×××××××××.cx>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DPI is giving me a headache!
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 18:01:16
1 On Sun, 2 Mar 2008 14:02:40 +0100
2 Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3
4 > Essentially, the
5 > > antiailiasing seems to alter the consistency of fonts in an
6 > > irregular manner causing them to blur (differently) across the
7 > > screen, as if the monitor resolution is out of sync.
10 hmm, that reminds me of the appearance of the screen when you're
11 running at a resolution that isn't native for the device. For example,
12 if you run a 1280x1024 at widescreen, each 6th pixel or something is
13 stretched to consist of 2 physical pixels to widen the screen out to
14 fill the entire display. I hope that explination makes sense -
15 clearly there are other, better ways to use widescreen in a case like
16 this.
17
18 i would make sure you're running in the screen's native resolution if
19 it's an LCD, else make sure you're running at a resolution that fits
20 the aspect ratio of your screen.
21 --
22 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list