From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] DPI is giving me a headache!
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 13:02:46
1 On Sonntag, 2. März 2008, Mick wrote:
2 > Hi All,
3 >
4 > I changed the monitor on a box that runs kdm/KDE and the fonts on KDE apps
5 > are giving me a headache from eye strain. This is particularly bad when
6 > working at a console (white letters on black background) and KDE text
7 > editors (with black letters on white background). Essentially, the
8 > antiailiasing seems to alter the consistency of fonts in an irregular
9 > manner causing them to blur (differently) across the screen, as if the
10 > monitor resolution is out of sync.
11 >
12 > The resolution in xorg.conf is set at 360 290 mm, but the DDC picks this up
13 > on its own anyway, whether I define it in xorg.conf, or not. I have no
14 > modeline set. All I can think that is amiss is the DPI. I seem to be
15 > getting a DPI of 90x89:
16 >
17 > $ xdpyinfo | grep resolution
18 > resolution: 90x89 dots per inch
19 >
20 > Could this be the cause of my headache and how should I fix it?
21
22 post your xorg.conf? drivers? increase font size?
23 --
24 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list