From: Albert Hopkins <marduk@×××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] {OT} Preparing a laptop for sale
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 20:09:47
1 On Fri, 2009-12-18 at 12:20 -0600, Dale wrote:
2 > Wouldn't Knoppix work? I'm pretty sure it has the dd command and I
3 > know
4 > you can install Gentoo from it. Since there are some versions of
5 > Knoppis that would fit on a CD, I would see if one of those would fit
6 > on
7 > the 512Mb thingy.
8 >
9 > Damn Small Linux may be a option too. Not sure about installing from
10 > it
11 > tho. I guess the network and stuff would work from it.
12 >
13 > Just some thoughts.
14 >
15 > Dale
16
17 I recommend RipLinux. It's easy to install on a stick and you don't
18 even need to reformat/remove what's already on it. And it fits snug in
19 a 100MB directory.
20
21 It also makes for a great "rescue" partition on your HDD.