From: Jorge Almeida <jjalmeida@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] xterm menu
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2016 20:29:47
1 On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 12:13 PM, Daniel Frey <djqfrey@×××××.com> wrote:
2 Jorge
5 > Actually, I just had a thought. I stumbled onto a very weird fonts bug
6 > some years ago where Firefox would crash on loading certain pages. It
7 > was something very stupid, all fonts need to have world-readable
8 > permissions. If a font didn't FF would crash (it didn't handle fonts not
9 > being available gracefully AT ALL.)
10 >
11 > I chmod 644 the whole fonts directory and ran `fc-cache -fv` and it
12 > fixed the crashing Firefox.
13 >
14 > I wonder if xterm is running into not being able to open a font?
15 >
16 All files in /usr/share/fonts/* have 644 permissions.
17
18 Jorge