From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Copying data efficiently
Date: Sat, 17 May 2014 09:58:31
1 On Sat, 17 May 2014 09:59:08 +0200, meino.cramer@×××.de wrote:
2
3 > > 3. Or you could use a sequential copy:
4 > >
5 > > cp -a /home /dev/sdb1/ && cp -a /home /dev/sdc1
6
7 > 3.) The files I want to copy are in the size of some GB each. So the
8 > cache isnt big enough to hold ALL files for the second part.
9
10 Run the two copies simultaneously, start the first, switch to another
11 tab, start the second. That way the data for the second copy is always
12 the most recently cached.
13
14 However, I expect the speed limit here may be the USB bus unless you are
15 using USB 3.0 drives on different buses.
19 Neil Bothwick
20
21 I'll never forget the 1st time I ran Windows, but I'm trying...