From: "J. Roeleveld" <joost@××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Akonadi database errors
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2015 06:39:20
1 On 15 November 2015 20:49:46 CET, Mick <michaelkintzios@×××××.com> wrote:
2 >On Sunday 15 Nov 2015 17:55:08 J. Roeleveld wrote:
3 >
4 >> To migrate calendar data, I would export to an ical file and then
5 >reimport
6 >> it.
7 >>
8 >> For contacts, use vcf.
9 >>
10 >> Both of these are mostly human readable and allow for simple editing
11 >if
12 >> necessary.
13 >>
14 >> I am not certain this will work. I would suggest testing with a
15 >temporary
16 >> user first.
17 >>
18 >> --
19 >> Joost
20 >
21 >Thank you for your advice. I'll try it out when a get a spare moment.
22 >Last
23 >question:
24 >
25 >akonadi seems to run a mysql_upgrade command whenever the mysql
26 >application is
27 >updated by portage. Will it also run the equivalent command with
28 >postgres?
29 >If not, dumping and reloading all the akonadi databases will be a pain
30 >for a
31 >desktop.
34 It might do something similar when run 'embedded'.
35 I run it standalone, which means I need to handle updates myself.
36
37 Postgresql only needs extra steps for updates when changing major version. Which doesn't happen too often.
40 Joost
41 --
42 Sent from my Android device with K-9 Mail. Please excuse my brevity.