From: Colleen Beamer <colleen.beamer@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Strange Upgrade Situation
Date: Sat, 02 Dec 2006 04:32:22
1 Hi All,
2
3 A couple of weeks ago, I upgraded to Firefox 2.0. Since then, when I
4 did an upgrade, I got notified that the emerge wanted to downgrade
5 Firefox. This was to be expected.
6
7 I put the line '<www-client/mozilla-firefox-2.0' (without the quotes, of
8 course), in my /etc/portage/package.mask file. Well, that solved the
9 problem of wanting to downgrade Firefox. I did the same with MySQL
10 because I didn't want to upgrade that either.
11
12 However, after this, when I ran emerge -uDp world, the emerge wanted to
13 install seamonkey. I don't understand why.
14
15 Any ideas? BTW, if I mask seamonkey, then I get errors regarding any
16 version of Firefox when I try to do an update.
17
18 Regards,
19
20 Colleen