From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and adding a option, if it exists.
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 12:45:14
1 On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:10:52 +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote:
2
3 > This is probably a case of Dolphin not being a good tool, unless it
4 > has a built-in command-line?
5 > $ mv newfile oldfile
6 > will overwrite the old file in place with the new file with the name
7 > of the old file.
8
9 And tab-completion makes this a lot quicker than renaming files in a file
10 manager.
11
12 > I know there are many file managers with a built-in terminal, so maybe
13 > others have similar possible solutions. I saw someone mention midnight
14 > commander which I believe is one.
15
16 Or you could use a drop-down terminal like Yakuake to give a terminal on
17 demand, whatever program you are using. Yakuake is for KDE, it wraps
18 Konsole, but there are GNOME-ish variants too, I wouldn't be without it.
22 Neil Bothwick
23
24 All things in moderation, ESPECIALLY moderation.