From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dolphin and adding a option, if it exists.
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2022 17:41:46
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 6 Oct 2022 10:10:52 +0200, Arve Barsnes wrote:
3 >
4 >> This is probably a case of Dolphin not being a good tool, unless it
5 >> has a built-in command-line?
6 >> $ mv newfile oldfile
7 >> will overwrite the old file in place with the new file with the name
8 >> of the old file.
9 > And tab-completion makes this a lot quicker than renaming files in a file
10 > manager.
13 This is a option I haven't thought of.  The mv command is a good
14 thought.  Next time I have a lot of these to do, I'll try it.  It just
15 may work.  Plus, tab completion would be a nice bonus.
18 >> I know there are many file managers with a built-in terminal, so maybe
19 >> others have similar possible solutions. I saw someone mention midnight
20 >> commander which I believe is one.
21 > Or you could use a drop-down terminal like Yakuake to give a terminal on
22 > demand, whatever program you are using. Yakuake is for KDE, it wraps
23 > Konsole, but there are GNOME-ish variants too, I wouldn't be without it.
27 I look into Yakuake.  I've never heard of it before.  It's emerging and
28 I have to run to town to help a friend.
29
30 Thanks.
31
32 Dale