From: Joerg.Schilling@fokus.fraunhofer.de (Joerg Schilling)
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] mkisofs: layout
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2012 23:14:50
1 Andrey Moshbear <andrey.vul@×××××.com> wrote:
2
3 > > You are missunderstanding things:
4 > >
5 > > The track recording direction is defined by the pressed pree-groove and cannot
6 > > be changed.
7 > >
8 > > If you are copying DVDs, you need to call cdrecord -v -atip or similar in order
9 > > to retrieve the layerbreak value of the original disk. This value needs to be
10 > > given with the driveropts=layerbreak=xxx option when writing DVD+R/DL.
11 > >
12 > > If someone can tell me how to read the layerbreak value from the IFO file, this
13 > > coule be done automatically....
16 > I'm not copying. I'm making a DVD DL iso from a collection of files in
17 > a folder. There's no ripping from
18 > silver disc in any stage of the process.
19
20 Then you need to get the layerbreak value from your authoring software and you
21 need to tell your authoring software to introduce padding. As mentioned before,
22 mkisofs hnors the paddung that is announced in the IFO file and it cannot
23 introduce padding that is not mentioned in the IFO file.
24
25 Jörg
28 EMail:joerg@××××××××××××××××××××××××.de (home) Jörg Schilling D-13353 Berlin
29 js@××××××××××××.de (uni)