From: brullo nulla <brullonulla@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups printing error
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 11:54:22
1 > This is an aspect of Gentoo that I don't understand very well. the
2 > various kioslaves block other packages and vice-versa. For example,
3 > kdepim blocks kdepim-kioslaves, and kdebase blocks kdebase-kioslaves.
4 > Same goes for kdemultimedia and kdemultimedia-kioslaves.
5 >
6 > As a test, I unmerged kdepim and emerged kdepim-kioslaves and now my
7 > kmail is messed up. Thing is I cannot emerge both at the same time.
8
9 Well, by looking on the forums it seems you have a "mixed" system.
10 kdepim is a monolithic package. kdepim-kioslaves is a package of the
11 kde split packages. Try unmerging kdepim and emerging kdepim-meta, and
12 anyways be sure of having a kde relying on split packages (that's the
13 way to go in the future)
14
15 http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-355389.html
16