From: Qv6 <sundiatah@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] cups printing error
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2005 10:36:29
1 On Monday 31 October 2005 06:43 am, brullo nulla wrote:
2 > problem 1: can no longer access my block devices from Konqueror. From
3 >
4 > > Konqueror I get a "Protocol not supported" error when I click on
5 > > the devices tab. So I can't access my usb disk or even view my
6 > > partitions from Konqueror.
7 >
8 > It seems you lack the correct kioslaves. When you emerged the split
9 > ebuilds, what did you emerge?
12 This is an aspect of Gentoo that I don't understand very well. the
13 various kioslaves block other packages and vice-versa. For example,
14 kdepim blocks kdepim-kioslaves, and kdebase blocks kdebase-kioslaves.
15 Same goes for kdemultimedia and kdemultimedia-kioslaves.
16
17 As a test, I unmerged kdepim and emerged kdepim-kioslaves and now my
18 kmail is messed up. Thing is I cannot emerge both at the same time.
19
20 Any ideas?
21
22 TIA