From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: rhythmbox plays silently
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 05:35:06
1 Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon <at> gmail.com> writes:
4 > On Saturday 29 March 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
5 > > > I, too, know what it's like to receive a reply to one of my
6 > > > questions which I find to be unhelpful and aggravating. However,
7 > > > "two wrongs don't make a right" and no-one benefits from an angry
8 > > > response.
9 > >
10 > > Oh, so it's now my fault for responding to a flamebait? Nice. It's
11 > > not the aggressor who's doing something wrong?
12 >
13 > I started this, so I guess I have the right to make the following
14 > request:
15 >
16 > Can we drop this sub-thread now, please?
17 >
18 > Michael, I don't see how you could read my original post as flamebait.
19
20 You don't see, how your KDE comment can be seen as a flamebait? Well,
21 too bad.
22
23 > You were not supposed to respond,
24
25 You were not supposed to post such a comment in the first place.
26
27 > I did not intend you to take offence
28 > and it was a harmless joke.
29
30 If it was indeed supposed to be a joke, then it was a very bad
31 one, especially as it was not visibile as a joke.
32
33 > You have an answer and a solution that appears to suit you.
34
35 Not just me. As it turned out, the problem I had was due to a
36 bug in the Gentoo rhythmbox-"2.20" package. It lacked proper
37 dependencies. That is fixed in 2.22. Everything is fine.
38
39 > That's a
40 > good point to end this at.
41