From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: rhythmbox plays silently
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 22:14:37
1 On Saturday 29 March 2008, Michael Schmarck wrote:
2 > > I, too, know what it's like to receive a reply to one of my
3 > > questions   which I find to be unhelpful and aggravating. However,
4 > > "two wrongs don't make a right" and no-one benefits from an angry
5 > > response.
6 >
7 > Oh, so it's now my fault for responding to a flamebait? Nice. It's
8 > not the aggressor who's doing something wrong?
9
10 I started this, so I guess I have the right to make the following
11 request:
12
13 Can we drop this sub-thread now, please?
14
15 Michael, I don't see how you could read my original post as flamebait.
16 You were not supposed to respond, I did not intend you to take offence
17 and it was a harmless joke. Where I come from it's a self-deprecating
18 in-joke and it goes like this:
19
20 Q: Hmmm, app xyz is broken. What could be wrong?
21 A: It's software. Come now, you really didn't expect it to work did you?
22
23 You have every right in the world to take away from this thread whatever
24 you want, and I have now explained publicly what I meant. If we still
25 disagree, then that's 100% fine by me but I think we should get this
26 out of these other fine folk's inbox.
27
28 You have an answer and a solution that appears to suit you. That's a
29 good point to end this at.
32 Alan McKinnon
33 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com
36 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list