From: Michael Schmarck <michael.schmarck@×××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: rhythmbox plays silently
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:39:36
1 Stroller <stroller <at> stellar.eclipse.co.uk> writes:
4 > Hi there,
5 >
6 > I, too, thought about saying something like this at the time. I'm
7 > glad you have done so and I agree with all your points.
8
9 I don't. I disagree with his most important point: It's no good
10 to post as much information as possible. Instead, the amount of
11 information posted should be "condensed" to only the important
12 pieces.
13
14 > Michael:
15 >
16 > Alan's reply was harmless. You're not entitled to pick on him unless
17 > you posted correctly in the first place.
18
19 So, I *am* entitled. Thanks!
20
21 > You're asking for help - provide as much information as possible and
22 > please don't antagonise people (especially because they may be able
23 > to help you!).
24
25 Now, please go back and read Alans first post in the thread. It
26 absolutely did not sound, as if he even wanted to help.
27
28 > If you want help then it's YOUR responsibility to provide as much
29 > information as possible.
30
31 Well, no, not as possible, but rather "as required". And that's been
32 done.
33
34 > Help people to help you, and make it easy
35 > for them to do so.
36
37 Yes. That's been done. Once more: The problem was, because rhythmbox
38 of Gnome 2.20 is missing an (indirect) dependency on gst-plugins-alsa.
39 That's fixed in 2.22.
40
41 > I, too, know what it's like to receive a reply to one of my questions
42 > which I find to be unhelpful and aggravating. However, "two wrongs
43 > don't make a right" and no-one benefits from an angry response.
44
45 Oh, so it's now my fault for responding to a flamebait? Nice. It's
46 not the aggressor who's doing something wrong?
47
48 Michael
51 gentoo-user@l.g.o mailing list