From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: rhythmbox plays silently
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:02:54
1 On Sat, 29 Mar 2008 20:39:07 +0000 (UTC), Michael Schmarck wrote:
2
3 > I don't. I disagree with his most important point: It's no good
4 > to post as much information as possible. Instead, the amount of
5 > information posted should be "condensed" to only the important
6 > pieces.
7
8 You have a problem to which you do not know the solution, so how are you
9 supposed to know what is important and what is not? The answer is, you
10 don't, because not knowing the solution means you cannot know for sure
11 what is relevant and what is not, so err on the side of verbosity.
12
13 Of course, none of this really matters as people will be hesitant to
14 offer any advice in future, no matter how complete your post, because you
15 have demonstrated a complete lack of civility and respect for those that
16 you expect to help you.
20 Neil Bothwick
21
22 WinErr 01E: Timing error - Please wait. And wait. And wait. And wait.