From: Colin <signofzeta@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Seeking recommdations for multi-card reader.
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2005 02:06:17
1 John J. Foster wrote:
2
3 >Good evening all. My San Disk ImageMate dual reader said goodbye to our
4 >family today. She should have left a few months ago.
5 >
6 >So, what I'm searching for is a replacement reader. I saw some good
7 >reviews for ImageMate® 8-in-1 Reader/Writer. I don't really need all
8 >eight, but so what. What I'd really like, though, is the ability plug
9 >and unplug cards while the reader remains attached via usb2 or firewire.
10 >My old San Disk gave me problems for years. Sometimes no connection.
11 >Sometimes inserted card could be any of sdb[1-15]. Udev helped with this
12 >a little, but basically the reader was a POS (for you wtf users). I'm
13 >looking for something that will react the same every time.
14 >
15 >Any recommendations?
16 >
17 I've got an AFT PRO-9. It's a 9-in-1 connects via USB 2.0
18 internally/externally and has Secure Digital, Multimedia Card,
19 SmartMedia, xDigital, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, CompactFlash,
20 MicroDrive and a 4-pin FireWire 400 port (pass-through, you need a
21 FireWire port somewhere on your computer).
22
23 I've only tested it with an SD card, and it seems to work perfectly.
24
25 To use this, you need to compile in SCSI support (the same you need for
26 USB Mass Storage) and make sure you select the "Probe all LUN's" option.
29 Colin
32 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list