From: "João Matos" <jaoneto@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Problem on Hardware Update
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2014 22:51:04
1 2014-06-26 18:58 GMT-03:00 Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>:
2
3 > On Thu, 26 Jun 2014 17:00:04 -0300, João Matos wrote:
4 >
5 > > > > I'm not sure, but It seems my usb keyboard is not recognized. I
6 > > > > tried to solve it using "make localmodconfig", but it didn't work.
7 > > >
8 > > > Do you have both OHCI and UHCI drivers built in your kernel? I can
9 > > > never remember which one Intel uses, but AMD chipsets generally use
10 > > > the other one.
11 >
12 > > It didn't work. But I have a new erro message:
13 > >
14 > > device descriptor read/64 error 110
15 > > hub 1-1:1.0: unable to enumerate USB device on port 6
16 >
17 > A new error message implies a new error.
20 I've updated the kernel (3.7.4 to 3.14.4), and the USB problem was solved,
21 I don't know why. :)
22
23 Now I'm having some other issues, but I've decide recompile the whole
24 system before solving them. At least I'm already using my gentoo.
27 > > The only distro I could boot was systemrescueCD, using alternative
28 > > kernel. Can't boot Ubuntu. It also doesn't recognize the keyboard.
29 >
30 > Have you compared the output from lsusb and lspci -k with System Rescue
31 > Cd and Gentoo?
34 > --
35 > Neil Bothwick
36 >