From: Alexander Skwar <listen@×××××××××××××××.name>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Re: Re: SSH won't restart
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 20:35:38
1 · Arturo 'Buanzo' Busleiman <buanzo@××××××××××.ar>:
2 > Graham Murray wrote:
3
4 >> What circumstances? I too have performed updates on several remote
5 >> systems via SSH and run /etc/init.d/sshd restart and never had any
6 >> problems.
7 >
8 > Something like "/etc/init.d/sshd test-restart" would be nice.
9
10 For what?
11
12 > It'd allow all of us to stop worrying
13 > about a potential restart/lockout issue.
14
15 A "/etc/init.d/sshd stop" won't kill any SSH sessions. It'll
16 simply the sshd "master process". Because of that, additional
17 logins won't be possible.
18
19 Alexander Skwar
20 --
21 I remember Ulysses well... Left one day for the post office to mail a letter,
22 met a blonde named Circe on the streetcar, and didn't come back for 20 years.
26 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list