From: Hal Martin <hal.martin@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Via vb70001 mini-itx vrs Gentoo
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2008 20:04:20
1 IF the BIOS gives you the option of changing the RAM timings, I would
2 make them all as large as they can go (slowest timings for RAM.) I'm
3 assuming that your RAM timing is done by default now, and while that is
4 right most of the time, you can't go wrong with setting them up manually.
5
6 If memtest passes with the slowest timings, then I would tighten them
7 until memtest makes it barf up ATARI and then back off until you reach a
8 stable area. Another way to do this is to look on the side of your RAM
9 and see if it lists the timings. If it does, great, set the timings to
10 those manually in the BIOS, if it doesn't, refer to previous "guess and
11 check" method.
14 -Hal