From: Willie Matthews <matthews.willie80@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] How can I find 2nd network adapter?
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 16:35:25
1 On 07/18/2014 09:28 AM, Jarry wrote:
2 > Hi Gentoo-users,
3 >
4 > I added the 2nd network adapteer to my gentoo-box and I want
5 > to use it. But... I do not know how it is called!
6 >
7 > ifconfig shows only the one adapter I had, called "enp3s0".
8 > I remember some time ago I moved from "human" network names
9 > (i.e. eth0) to this and now I see the first disadvantage:
10 > while before I could guess new network name (probably eth1,
11 > eth2, etc), now I can not. I tried "enp4s0", "enp3s1",
12 > "enp4s1" but I always get only "No such device" error.
13 >
14 > I checked gentoo-handbook but it works with those old & good
15 > network devices (eth0, eth1).
16 >
17 > So how can I find name of the new network adapter?
18 >
19 > Jarry
20 Hey Jarry,
21 Make sure you are loading a module for it or you have it built into the
22 kernel! It isn't going to work any other way.
26 Willie Matthews
27 matthews.willie80@×××××.com
28 702.659.9966
29 Just a old computer geek!