From: Bill Longman <bill.longman@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How low can you go?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 23:46:54
1 > I had the little cassette thing to store my stuff on. I think the OS in on
2 > a ROM which would be hard to get around unless the ROM was changed. Then it
3 > may not really be a Vic-20 anymore. I'm not sure about the C64 since I got
4 > me a 20Mhz oscilloscope to work on TVs and stuff. I still got the scope
5 > tho.
6 >
7 > My biggest use for my old Vic-20 was a alarm clock. Worked fine unless the
8 > power went out. Well, that sounds like todays alarm clock. lol I guess
9 > some things never change.
12 That's really funny, Dale. That brings back memories (and more than 5K of
13 them!). My dad gave me a VIC-20 when I was in college and I used it for
14 several years. I wrote lots of BASIC apps to ease all the ciphering I had to
15 do for enzyme kinetics, chemistry labs and things like that. I had a
16 cassette tape which was slow but it was a heck of a lot faster than typing
17 in your program every time!
20 Bill Longman