From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Re: How low can you go?
Date: Sun, 03 Apr 2011 10:05:48
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Sat, 02 Apr 2011 21:09:56 -0500, Dale wrote:
5 >> I wonder if we could put Linux on a old Vic-20? I think I got one out
6 >> in the old shed somewhere.
7 >>
8 > It's been done on a C-64, but I think a 3.5KB box with no mass storage
9 > might be a little too challenging.
13 I had the little cassette thing to store my stuff on. I think the OS in
14 on a ROM which would be hard to get around unless the ROM was changed.
15 Then it may not really be a Vic-20 anymore. I'm not sure about the C64
16 since I got me a 20Mhz oscilloscope to work on TVs and stuff. I still
17 got the scope tho.
18
19 My biggest use for my old Vic-20 was a alarm clock. Worked fine unless
20 the power went out. Well, that sounds like todays alarm clock. lol I
21 guess some things never change.
22
23 Dale
24