From: Kerin Millar <kerframil@×××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] BACKUPS
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2014 11:04:01
1 On 10/09/2014 06:32, Joseph wrote:
2 > On 09/10/14 06:10, Kerin Millar wrote:
3
4 <snip>
5
6 > Thank you again. On a different subject. Do you have a good pointer on
7 > how to backup a system.
8 > I just had a HD crash so I selected a replacement SSD and I'm re
9 > installing the software.
10 > I had backup of /etc/ and /home but I've missed all other settings eg:
11 > /boot/ kernel config and other files and are not in /etc directory like:
12 > hylafax setting etc.
13 >
14 > Is there a way to keep backup of all those configuration files that are
15 > manually edited?
16
17 As suggested by Neil, please begin a new thread.
18
19 --Kerin