From: Kevin Coetzee <kdcoetzee@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nagging USE flag question
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 06:00:36
1 Ric de France wrote:
4 > 2009/5/19 Kevin Coetzee <kdcoetzee@×××××.com <mailto:kdcoetzee@×××××.com>>
5 >
6 > Adam Carter wrote:
7 >
8 > The time has come to edit make.conf on my new gentoo-netbook.
9 > But one thing has always bothered me: What's the point of
10 > specifying a *negative* flag with a hyphen? Why not just
11 > leave the flags you don't use out of the file entirely?
14 > Some flags are on by default, so this stops their use.
18 > example, I use openbox , so don't need gnome or kde support.
21 > I haven't got access to my Gentoo box, but from memory,
22 > /etc/make.profile I think is a symbolic link to another file that
23 > contains all the default make flags. One way to determine the flags is
24 > running:
25
26 /usr/portage/profiles/targets/desktop/make.defaults
29 > $ emerge --info
30 >
31 > It should list the USE-flags on your system, allowing you to find out
32 > any extras that may have been set that you may want to "-" away.
33 >
34 > HTH...
35 >
36 > ...Ric
37 > --
38 > Ric de France
39 > Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)
40 > ==> Do you, uh... Gentoo? Gentoooo-hooo!! <==
41 > ==> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml <==
45 Kevin Coetzee
46 kevin.blogs.uls.co.za