From: Ric de France <rdefrance@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] nagging USE flag question
Date: Tue, 19 May 2009 05:49:47
1 2009/5/19 Kevin Coetzee <kdcoetzee@×××××.com>
2
3 > Adam Carter wrote:
4 >
5 >> The time has come to edit make.conf on my new gentoo-netbook.
6 >>> But one thing has always bothered me: What's the point of
7 >>> specifying a *negative* flag with a hyphen? Why not just
8 >>> leave the flags you don't use out of the file entirely?
9 >>>
10 >>
11 >> Some flags are on by default, so this stops their use.
15 > example, I use openbox , so don't need gnome or kde support.
18 I haven't got access to my Gentoo box, but from memory, /etc/make.profile I
19 think is a symbolic link to another file that contains all the default make
20 flags. One way to determine the flags is running:
21
22 $ emerge --info
23
24 It should list the USE-flags on your system, allowing you to find out any
25 extras that may have been set that you may want to "-" away.
26
27 HTH...
28
29 ...Ric
30 --
31 Ric de France
32 Ph: +61412945554 (international) or 0412945554 (Australia)
33 ==> Do you, uh... Gentoo? Gentoooo-hooo!! <==
34 ==> http://www.gentoo.org/main/en/about.xml <==