From: Simon Thelen <gentoo-user@××××.de>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openvpn rc script dependencies
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 11:25:53
1 On 18-04-10 at 10:55, Christoph Böhmwalder wrote:
2 > I was wondering how the OpenRC dependencies between start scripts work.
3 >
4 > Basically, I have two network interfaces on my laptop (wlp3s0 and
5 > enp0s20u2u3 for wireless and ethernet respectively). When I start the
6 > wireless interface service (rc-service net.wlp3s0 start) the OpenVPN
7 > service starts and vice versa. That's great, but I didn't configure
8 > that anywhere.
9 What does your /etc/runlevels/ look like? Is the openvpn service in one
10 of the runlevels? Are either of your network interfaces in one of the
11 runlevels?
12
13 > What's even worse is that when I'm not connected via WiFi (i.e.
14 > ethernet), the VPN service won't start because net.wlp3s0 isn't started:
15 [..]
16 > Why would it do that, can I configure this anywhere?
17 Also check /etc/rc.conf and try setting rc_depend_strict="NO". I do wish
18 there were a way to modify require/provides without having to edit the
19 init scripts themselves.
23 Simon Thelen