From: "Christoph Böhmwalder" <christoph@×××××××××××.at>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] openvpn rc script dependencies
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2018 13:59:52
1 On Tue, Apr 10, 2018 at 01:25:42PM +0200, Simon Thelen wrote:
2 > What does your /etc/runlevels/ look like? Is the openvpn service in one
3 > of the runlevels? Are either of your network interfaces in one of the
4 > runlevels?
5
6 Looking at `rc-status -a`, the openvpn service and the wifi interface
7 are both in runlevel default (which is kind of intentional). The wired
8 interface is in runlevel manual (I don't use it that often, so that's
9 fine).
10
11 The thing is, I want to:
12 * Start the wifi service at boot
13 * Start the openvpn service when _any_ network connection is active
14
15 > Also check /etc/rc.conf and try setting rc_depend_strict="NO". I do wish
16 > there were a way to modify require/provides without having to edit the
17 > init scripts themselves.
18
19 Unfortunately I can't test this anymore, but looking at the
20 documentation this _should_ work.
21
22 Thanks!
25 Regards,