From: Paul Hartman <paul.hartman+gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quoting style on HTC Dream
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 06:43:43
1 Alan McKinnon wrote:
2 > My new! improved! shiny! Android phone has a Gmail app. It's nice to use but
3 > it's quoting style is horrible and looks thusly:
4
5 Oh my :)
6
7 I've never used or even seen Android, but I googled and found this:
8
9 http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1136
10
11 Maybe that's similar to what you're dealing with...
12
13 I've never seen a mobile phone with an email client on it that supported
14 proper traditional quoting. They all either top post or don't even quote
15 at all.
16
17 So I'd say add a signature indicating you're writing from mobile and
18 people can get over the fact that you've top-posted. :) Or try to find a
19 third-party e-mail client that supports traditional quoting methods.