From: Alan McKinnon <alan.mckinnon@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Quoting style on HTC Dream
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 08:32:51
1 On Friday 13 November 2009 08:43:39 Paul Hartman wrote:
2 > Alan McKinnon wrote:
3 > > My new! improved! shiny! Android phone has a Gmail app. It's nice to use
4 > > but it's quoting style is horrible and looks thusly:
5 >
6 > Oh my :)
7 >
8 > I've never used or even seen Android, but I googled and found this:
9 >
10 > http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=1136
11 >
12 > Maybe that's similar to what you're dealing with...
13 >
14 > I've never seen a mobile phone with an email client on it that supported
15 > proper traditional quoting. They all either top post or don't even quote
16 > at all.
17
18 Looks like the use-case for mail on smart phones is twitter users wanting to
19 type something longer than a twit.
20
21 It all seems geared to having disconnected IM conversations over email, rather
22 than actual email :-)
23
24 > So I'd say add a signature indicating you're writing from mobile and
25 > people can get over the fact that you've top-posted. :) Or try to find a
26 > third-party e-mail client that supports traditional quoting methods.
27
28 That's a plan.
32 alan dot mckinnon at gmail dot com