From: Abhay Kedia <abhay.ilugd@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Viewing SVG/SVGZ files.
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 07:27:29
1 On Friday 03 February 2006 12:01, Willie Wong wrote:
2 >
3 > For konquerer and kview, did you install ksvg?
4 >
5 No but now I did and it works great in KDE related things. Thanks a lot for
6 this :)
9 > Which version of eog do you have? 2.12.2 should have support for
10 > image/svg+xml
11 >
12 > Since you have problem with svgz files in both firefox and eog, please
13 > check your /etc/mime.types file to make sure that both svg and svgz
14 > are associated with image/svg+xml.
15 >
16 I am using eog-2.12.2. I did not have mime-types installed thus
17 no /etc/mime.types. Now, I have emerged it but have a different problem
18 in Firefox. When I try to open svgz files it shows the following error
20 XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
21 Location: file:///foo.svgz
22 Line Number 1, Column 1:
24 eog doesn't change its behaviour and sits there as I explained earlier.
25
26 Thanks for the ksvg idea and will be reall greatful if firefox worked as well.
29 Regards,
30 Abhay