From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Viewing SVG/SVGZ files.
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 06:34:48
1 On Fri, Feb 03, 2006 at 10:50:18AM +0530, Penguin Lover Abhay Kedia squawked:
2 > SVG/SVGZ in konqueror, firefox or such programs, I get weird output.
3 >
4 > When I try to open SVGZ files in Konqueror, I get XML Parsing Error while
5 > Firefox shows a pop-up to save the file some where. On using Kview, I get
6 > "Unknown Image Format" while "Eye of Gnome" doesn't do anything, just sits
7 > there without even throwing an error.
8 >
9 > In case of SVG files, they open fine in Firefox and eog but in Konqueror I get
10 > "image/svg+xml" written on the page while kview once again complains of
11 > "Unknown Image Format".
12 >
13 For konquerer and kview, did you install ksvg?
14
15 [10:33 PM]wwong ~ $ emerge search ksvg
16 Searching...
17 [ Results for search key : ksvg ]
18 [ Applications found : 1 ]
19
20 * kde-base/ksvg
21 Latest version available: 3.4.3
22 Latest version installed: [ Not Installed ]
23 Size of downloaded files: 6,400 kB
24 Homepage: http://www.kde.org/
26 License: GPL-2
29 It seems to be required (http://svg.kde.org/) for KDE to view scalable
30 vector graphics.
31
32 Which version of eog do you have? 2.12.2 should have support for
33 image/svg+xml
34
35 Since you have problem with svgz files in both firefox and eog, please
36 check your /etc/mime.types file to make sure that both svg and svgz
37 are associated with image/svg+xml.
38
39 HTH,
40
41 W
42 --
43 Faye: Go ahead, Marten. I want to see how you get yourself out of
44 this question.
45 Pintsize: That is what a 404 error feels like.
46 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 82 days, 22:40
47 --
48 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list