From: Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-user] Dynamicly Loaded USB mouse under Xorg ?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:23:53
1 Does anyone know of a way to have my USB Mouse dynamicly loaded under
2 Xorg?
3
4 Goal:
5 Start X, do whatever - move to place more condusive to haveing an
6 external mouse, as opposed to my track pad, Plug in the USB mouse, and
7 Have it work without haveing to restart X.
8
9 Problems: (As I see it)
10 -Xorg only loads devices at startup. Hence new Pointers like my USBMouse
11 aren't recognised.
12
13 All my pointer work fine, just the way I want them to when I have every
14 thing plugged in at Xorg startup.
15
16 I cannot use /dev/input/mice, as that screws up the configs for the
17 Mouse/Touchpad.
18
19 Any Ideas anyone?
20 -Lares
21 --
22 Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com> | LRU: 400755 http://counter.li.org
23 lares/irc.freenode.net |
24 Gentoo x86 Arch Tester | ::0 Alberta, Canada
25 Public Key: 0D46BB6E @ subkeys.pgp.net | Encrypted Mail Preferred
26 Key fingerprint = 0CA3 E40D F897 7709 3628 C5D4 7D94 483E 0D46 BB6E