From: Jean Magnan de Bornier <jean@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Dynamicly Loaded USB mouse under Xorg ?
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 18:53:42
1 Le 23 décembre à 19:19:47 Lares Moreau <lares.moreau@×××××.com> écrit notamment:
2
3 | Does anyone know of a way to have my USB Mouse dynamicly loaded under
4 | Xorg?
5 >
6 | Goal:
7 | Start X, do whatever - move to place more condusive to haveing an
8 | external mouse, as opposed to my track pad, Plug in the USB mouse, and
9 | Have it work without haveing to restart X.
10 >
11 | Problems: (As I see it)
12 | -Xorg only loads devices at startup. Hence new Pointers like my USBMouse
13 | aren't recognised.
14 >
15 | All my pointer work fine, just the way I want them to when I have every
16 | thing plugged in at Xorg startup.
17
18 hotplug in the kernel:
19
20 CONFIG_HOTPLUG=y
21
22 *and* emerge hotplug
23
24 hth,
25 --
26 Jean Magnan de Bornier | Cours Victor Hugo
27 e-mots: jean at bornier.net | 13980 Alleins France
28 T 08 70 39 34 03 | P 06 09 17 35 87
31 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list