From: Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 starting yet not starting
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 17:44:51
1 On 10/25/06, Robert Svoboda <r080@×××××.cz> wrote:
2 > * Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com> [2006-10-24 11:18]:
3 > > During boot it goes through the normal routine, it starts net.lo and
4 > > everything, however, then it goes into runlevel 3 and then all my
5 > > services fail (apache, sshd, ddclient, etc), complaining that net.eth0
6 > > isn't running. I log in and try to start net.eth0 and it tells me
7 > > that it's already running!
8 >
9 > have you tried ifconfig? that command shows whether your eth0
10 > is up, have IP assigned and other things, post result here if unsure
11 >
12 > what does dmesg say about your network card?
13
14 Alright, your original recompile of the kernel fix does work.
15
16 I just automatically installed the wrong driver. I'm used to hacking
17 my Athlon64 to death, so I installed the forcedeth driver. Wrong! I
18 needed some PCI drivers for 3Com/Linksys PCI cards.
19
20 My mistake. It works just fine now.
24 GCS d-(++) s+: a? C++ UL+>++++ P+
25 L++ E--- W+(+++) N++ o? K? w--- O? M+
26 V? PS- PE+ Y-(--) PGP- t+++ 5? X R tv-- b+
27 DI+++ D+ G e* h- !r !y
28 ========= END GCv3.12 ========
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list