From: Robert Svoboda <r080@×××××.cz>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] net.eth0 starting yet not starting
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 08:53:27
1 * Lord Sauron <lordsauronthegreat@×××××.com> [2006-10-24 11:18]:
2 > During boot it goes through the normal routine, it starts net.lo and
3 > everything, however, then it goes into runlevel 3 and then all my
4 > services fail (apache, sshd, ddclient, etc), complaining that net.eth0
5 > isn't running. I log in and try to start net.eth0 and it tells me
6 > that it's already running!
7
8 have you tried ifconfig? that command shows whether your eth0
9 is up, have IP assigned and other things, post result here if unsure
10
11 what does dmesg say about your network card?
12
13 Robert
16 Robert Svoboda
17 --