From: Willie Wong <wwong@×××××××××.EDU>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] [OT] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 13:45:52
1 On Fri, Sep 23, 2005 at 09:31:34AM +0100, Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:38:07 -0400, Sean Lester wrote:
3 >
4 > > That's it. I didn't think the ISP would block outgoing port 25.
5 >
6 > Unfortunately, quite a lot seem to do it. it's a lazy and lame "solution"
7 > to spam trojans. Other ISPs forward all port 25 connections to their own
8 > SMTP server, so your mail may not be delivered directly, but it is
9 > delivered.
10 >
11 > Even if port 25 isn't blocked or redirected, it is often worth using your
12 > ISP's relay even if you have a broadband connection. Some ISP's block
13 > incoming mail from IP ranges allocated to broadband users as an anti-spam
14 > measure.
17 Ha. In my case, my ISP (Optimum Online) gets blacklisted from AOL and
18 a third of Taiwan (among other places). So sending mail through their
19 mail-server is like suicide.
20
21 What I do is to set up an SSH tunnel to my University mail-server
22 and bounce my mail through port forwarding...
23
24 W
25 --
26 "Yan Can Cook" and George Lucas have a new
27 joint-venture web site, titled "eWok".
28 Sortir en Pantoufles: up 42 days, 16:37
29 --
30 gentoo-user@g.o mailing list