From: Neil Bothwick <neil@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 08:37:27
1 On Thu, 22 Sep 2005 22:38:07 -0400, Sean Lester wrote:
2
3 > That's it. I didn't think the ISP would block outgoing port 25.
4
5 Unfortunately, quite a lot seem to do it. it's a lazy and lame "solution"
6 to spam trojans. Other ISPs forward all port 25 connections to their own
7 SMTP server, so your mail may not be delivered directly, but it is
8 delivered.
9
10 Even if port 25 isn't blocked or redirected, it is often worth using your
11 ISP's relay even if you have a broadband connection. Some ISP's block
12 incoming mail from IP ranges allocated to broadband users as an anti-spam
13 measure.
17 Neil Bothwick
18
19 Knock firmly but softly. I like soft firm knockers.