From: Jonathan Wright <mail@×××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-user@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-user] Postfix receives OK, but won't send to internet
Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2005 22:26:11
1 Neil Bothwick wrote:
2 > Unfortunately, quite a lot seem to do it. it's a lazy and lame "solution"
3 > to spam trojans. Other ISPs forward all port 25 connections to their own
4 > SMTP server, so your mail may not be delivered directly, but it is
5 > delivered.
6
7 Having run a mail server from home, that's not the only problem to worry
8 about any more - many ISPs/Mail Hosts now maintain (black)lists of IPs
9 belonging to ADSL/Dial up Services (i.e. dynamically assigned IPs) which
10 they'll refuse to accept e-mail from.
11
12 So, if your ISP doesn't block traffic, you'll end up being caught out by
13 that aswell! :(
16 Jonathan Wright ~ mail at djnauk.co.uk
17 ~ www.djnauk.co.uk
18 --
19 2.6.12-gentoo-r6-djnauk-b2 AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2100+
20 up 12:04, 4 users, load average: 4.46, 4.09, 3.68
21 --
22 "This is what's wrong with the media," I said. "You show a
23 fringe position. You show one point of view. You're closing the
24 minds of the people by not showing them what the reality is." I
25 got up and walked out, and I've never been asked back again."
26
27 "About a year ago I was a guest on a network news show in New
28 York. They were showing film clips from a gay pride parade down
29 Fifth Avenue, but they only decided to show the part with men in
30 dresses and heels. I had seen the parade, and there were men in
31 business suits as well. After showing the film, the newsperson
32 made some comments, and I found the comments extremely
33 offensive."
34
35 ~ Kathleen Nolan
36 --